|The Musanian lands, often simply called "Musograd", were originally settled by Balanda tribes. Historic evidence of these tocharic / germanic speaking nomadic tribes appears about 1500 years b.p.. The Balanda languages today are used mostly in the Balanda and Capricornian back country. Slavic speaking Musan tribes settled the central plains in the 11th century. At about the same time, Murwillumbah was settled by Jewish traders, which were largely islamized in the 13th century during the Southern Invasions, forming the unique Murwillian culture in the following centuries. |
The Musogradian language developed out of the interaction between the Musan (slavic), Balanda (tocharic) and Murwillian (germano-semitic) languages. It used to be written in Cyrillic letters, but today in most regions of the Federation, Latin letters are used. The Dershowo Musograd uses both types of letters officially. The English language was adopted by the multiethnic trading port of Kosnice in the late 14th century before it came under the rule of the Musogradian Kingdom. Today it has spread to the Thylacinian coast and is also widely used in other provinces. It is the sole official language in the Republic of Capricornia, which, after leaving the Federation of Musograd in 2006, has become co-founder of the Federated Micronations.
Due to the current political situation, several versions of historic events may exist. Here, the most generally recognized version will be given.
- First mentioning of the Kingdom of Musograd in "Historia planitiae orientalis"
- Incorporation of the City of Murwillumbah
- Settlement Charter of the City of Kosnice
- Khalif Akhbar ascends the throne of the Murwillian Califate
- Battle of Phulda ends expansion of the Califate
- Kosnice adopts English as official language
- Religious strife between Mithraists and Christians ends with the Expulsion of the latter
- Tolerance and Settlement Contract between the Balanga leaders and the Christian refugees
- Foundation of Balangrad and Sv Karul as Contract Settlements
- Kosnice accepts the Protectorate of the King of Musograd
- Severoport (today Strahan) is founded by the Musogradian Navy
- Fortress of Goralnygrad founded by the Musogradian Army
- Fortress of Redrok founded by the Musogradian Air Force (formerly Cavalry)
- Destruction and incorporation of the Califate into the Kingdom of Musograd
- Last independent territories in Naquarnia conquered
- The Balanga Kanbarra (tribal assembly) accepts the Protectorate of the King of Musograd
- Anticratic Revolution: King Karul XI flees the country
- Gen. Lord Azrak crowned as Emperor Azrak I, founding the Empire of Musograd. The House of Azrak is named after the colour blue (in Arabic: asrak = blue) which is also prominent in their coat of arms and the Imperial Flag.
- The Empire is renamed "Empire of Musberg" to accomodate the Balanga tribes
- Reorganization is completed with the Charter of Mohuc - all territories become provinces
- Founding of the (illegal) Partije Kommuniste tal' Musograd (PKM) -
- First railway line Musograd - Mohuc
- Anarchist risings suppressed by Army and Secret Police
- Emperor Azrak V - Collaboration Treaty with Germany leads to limited sovereignty
- Lord F.I.Dershowo assassinates Azrak V after rumors of planned mass imprisonings "to protect the Imperial Crown from the Emperor"
- Constitution of the First Republic ("Respublika tal' Musograd - Republik Musberg")
- First printed postal stamps issued by the Musberg Postal Service
- Civil war between Democratic, Nationalist and Communist forces
- May: Declaration of the People's Republic of Musograd ("Narodni Respublika tal' Musograd", NRM).
- Partije Komuniste tal' Musograd (PKM) becomes ruling and only legal party.
- October: The national capital is moved to Kosnice.
- December: ASCOM wing of the PKM (Anarcho-Syndicalist Communists) assumes power and radicalizes internal politics. Dissent suppressed by military means.
- September: Southern provinces stop supporting the PKM government. A military expedition fails.
- November: Glorious Revolution reinstates monarchy ("Rajakratija tal Musograd") under King ("Raje") Karul XII Capital moved back to Musograd City.
- October 3rd: Declaration of Full Independence and Sovereignty
- December: Northern Expeditions. King Karul abdicates after defeat in the battle of Kijel (Severnaja Hulstanja, now Capricornian Republic).
- Jan 1st: King Gijorgi I ascends throne
- "Blue Brigades" unrests - ultra-conservative forces (partly related to the Army) perform terrorist acts in the years 1991 - 1993. The colour blue refers to the House of Azrak deposed in 1983.
- Constitutional Monarchy. Election of 1st People's Congress
- February: First Southern Expedition lands at Iron Harbour, Australija. Settlements at the western coast of Australija are founded.
- October: 2nd People's Congress with PMMA (Patriotic Movement for Free Musograd) majority.
- Divisional War between leftist (2nd, 3rd) and nationalist (1st, 4th, 5th) army divisions.
- November 2nd: Parramatta Covenant (veto-based military government with focus on colonisation of Australija). Parramatta National Congress declares "Respublika tal Musograd", elects King Michail Tchernikow as leader of the Parramatta National Government ("PNG")
- February: Alliance shift in the PNG leads to expulsion of 1st Division forces, King Tchernikow deposed.
- May 8th: "Musogradij Respublike" declared. "Red Parramatta" government founds Settlement Agency. Nationalist forces withdraw to Kosnice and the Western Swamps.
- October: 2nd Southern Expedition founds settlements on the Australijan east coast.
- September: Nationalist forces rejoin PNG, are allowed to create a Marine Territorial & Base Force (MTBF) in Kosnice
- February: Cumulated discontent with Red PNG leads to MTBF-led Nationalist Rising. After fall of Mohuc and advance of nationalist forces, Flagstaff Hill Accord is signed by Red PNG and MTBF leader Gen. F.M. Dershowo.
- April 1st: Gen. Dershowo declared "Lord Commander of Musograd"
- May: Declaration No. 1 stops Australijan Settlement and instigates New Social Policy.
- June: Republican Operational Services (ROS) founded as information service, Academy of Avionics and Defense founded as state university with M. Chulubeg as president.
- July: Spectaular breakdown of NSP.
- August 3rd: Gen. Dershowo dies after gun-cleaning accident.
- August: Gen. W.A. Sheshek declared "Commander General". Settlement policy resumed.
- September: Settlements on Australijan west coast founded by 3rd Southern Expedition.
- January: "Dershowo Musograd" (State of Musograd) declared, to honour Gen. F.M.Dershowo.
- March: Gen. Sheshek abdicates, remains Governor of Murwillian Province. Gen. S. Radiq "Commander General".
- April: Diplomatic mission to the Kingdom of Hawai'i
- May: New Alliance Policy declared
- January: 4th Southern Expedition. End of Settlement policy, settlers ("Redfeet") resettled in Northern Province.
- September: Homeland Army ("Armija Krajina") takes control of Musograd City
- March: Settler Militia ("Militia tal' Australija", MTA) takes control of Northern Province. N.P. Capital Severoport renamed Strahan, N.P. renamed Thylacinia.
- October: Anarcho-Capitalists ("Libertarian Monetarists - Anarchist Alliance", ) revolt against Kosnice Province government. Kosnice Autonomous Province declared.
- January: Constitution of the Federation of Musograd. All but two provinces sign Federation Accord Gen. G. Shabraq elected Secretary of the Federation.
- July: Mohuc & Musograd Provinces sign Federation Accord
- April: Federation Capital moved to Balangrad, Balangrad Capital Territory created.
- July: Mohuc & Musograd Provinces create joint "Provinces of Free Musograd and Mohuc" (PMMA).
- October: PMMA forces support Nationalist coup in Goralni Province. Civil war splits province in two.
- December: Armistice between Federation and PMMA forces. "Goralni Jointly Administrated Province" formed.
- February: Radical Thylacinian settlers form the "Liberation Army of the Republic of Australia" (LARA)
- March: LARA forces occupy Zeehan and declare the "Australian Military Government - Free Territory of Thylacinia" (AMG-FTT)
- April: Brig. Gen. N. Tosh is elected Governor of the PMMA
- May: Free elections in Goralni JAP. "Dignity and Sovereignty" (DNS) wins majority, PKMN and LMMA less than 20% each.
- The "Settlement Agency", responsible for Australijan settlement policy, is renamed youraustralia and reoriented towards information about Australia.
- June: New Assembly in Goralnigrad accepts new provincial constitution. Goralni JAP renamed "Goralni Free Province" (GAP, Goralni Azadna Provincia).
- July: Brig. Gen. N. Tosh appointed Secretary of the Defense Commission of the Federation.
- August 1st: Secession of Balanga Province as "Balanga Respublike", ruled by traditional Balanda leaders under the secretive "President" TK (only his initials are known). At the same day, the AMG-FTT Government declares the Republic of Capricornia.
- October 3rd: Gen. Shabraq steps back, Gen N. Tosh elected Secretary of the Federation.
- December: Capricornian forces conquer Strahan. Unstable armistices between Federation and renegade provinces.
- January: New constitution: Provinces of the Federation become Republics.
- February 1st: Joint surprise attack against Balangrad by Capricornian and Balanda forces. Balangrad City divided in West Balangrad (occupied by Capricornia) and East Balangrad (occupied by the Balanga Respublike).
- June: Federation forces recapture parts of Balangrad and Sprijland
- August 1st: Armistice and reciprocal recognition between the Federation and the Republic of Capricornia.
- February: Parts of Balangrad City liberated by surprise offensive
- March: Balangrad City put under Joint Administration (BCJA)
- April: Coup in the Balanga Respublike, supported by Contract Settlers living in the larger settlements and by young tribal leaders striving for development. Balanga Respublike is renamed Balanda Republic (pronouncement of the name "Balanda" unchanged, something between d and g).
- June/July: Joint Southern Cross Expedition with the Republic of Capricornia
- July: High Representative of the Federation visits Hutt River Principality and is received by Prince Leonard
- August: Currency Union - Musogradi Dinar (M$) replaced by Common Wallaroo (CW), exchange rate of 475:1.
- October: Economic breakdown in the LR Kosnice. Several Trading Houses are put under Government control.
- January: LR Kosnice put under Federal control
- March: LR Kosnice reorganized and renamed Republic of Kosnice
- June/July: Joint Northern Star expedition with Republic of Capricornia
- July: Foundation of Strana Ludowa Dimokratiska (SLD) by several right wing parties and organisations
- July/August: Plans to create the "Federated Micronations" together with Capricornia and Balanga Respublike are made public
- September 27: Referendums in the Republics of the Federation, the RC and BR on the Federated Micronations plan
- October 3: The Federated Micronations of the Musanian Lands (short: Federal Micronations or FM) are constituted, consisting of the Balanda Republic, the Republic of Capricornia, the Republic of Naquarnia, the Jamahiriya Murwillumbah and the Dershowo Musograd with the Free Port of Kosnice. Gen. N. Tosh is elected as Secretary of the Federation.
- June 26th: A delegation of the Federated Micronations visits the United Nations in New York and deposits FM stamps.
- July: Military Coup d'etat in the Republic of Naquarnia. In accordance of the Constitution of the Federated Micronations, no action is taken against the new government of the Republic of Naquarnia.
- October: First flight of PA 501 "Warlock", the new strategic platform of the Air Forces of the Republics.
- December: After rumors of a planned military rising called "Metal Tango", several officers of Musogradi Armije are arrested.
- February 21st: Shocked by the events in Tunisia, Egypt, Bahrain and Libya, the military-backed government of the Republic of Naquarnia steps down two days after a Facebook group "Freedom for Naquarnia" has been formed. An interim government consisting of neutral professionals, led by a veterinarian, is created, successfully implementing free elections in May 2011.
- August 15th: To protect the economy of the Federated Micronations, the Common Wallaroo is decoupled from the Euro and bound to gold at a rate of 1250 CW to 1 ounce of gold, with the Australian Kangaroo coin as reference.
- January 13th: Gen. N. Tosh, Secretary of the Federation, dies. Hon. William Thorpe from the Republic of Capricornia is elected as new Secretary.
- March 9th: Following the default of the Hellenic Republic, the Federated Micronations create a Federal Provisional Agency to administer the Collateral Hellenic Territories, PACHT. The agency is authorized to issue Retroactive Unilateral Decrees in regards to these territories.
- May 1st: After a landslide win at the Musogradian elections, the Dershowo is ruled by a coalition of Strona Ludowa tal Dershowo and Jihosna Sajus (Southern Compact). The Secretary of the Federation, William Thorpe, was confirmed. On the same day, the Collateral Protection Unit (CPU) is formed as a semi-military police force to protect the Collateral Hellenic Territories.
- June 30th: Federal Expeditionary Forces execute a joint 3 weeks maneuvre in the Republique du Réunion while Inimical Coalition forces prepare offensive positions around the Federation.
- July 3rd: Massive Air-Sea strikes hit the Federation on several fronts. U-01 "Love Me In Black" and U-02 "Long Way From Home" are put on full alert while conventional forces strike back.
- July / August: Continuous warfare with extensive front corrections in the south and west take heavy cost on the Federated Forces and population. An emergency coalition of SLD, JS and DNS is formed.
- August 24th: Operation B, a massive landing operation in the south, is executed to plan.
- October 13th: After 14 days of lost contact, U-02 resurfaces with heavy damage, reaching port several days later.
- November 3rd: Enemy artillery hits the main gas pipeline, exposing the population to the cold November weather until repair on November 7th.
- December: Counteroffensives continued and new ones initiated.
- December: In the Jamahiriya Murwillumbah, a rebel movement "Shiat al-Nur" starts fighting against the government, with a radical anti-religious program, under a white flag displaying the first half of the Islamic statement "There is no God but God" in golden letters.
- January 1st: Haydn Base, evacuated in December 2012, is transferred according to armistice plan.
- January 7th: Central Tactical Services counteroffensive succeeds and regains some border positions.
- January 16th: Cleanup operations against dispersed PSCB forces fleeing over the frozen river Sprij at the Capricornian border lead to skirmishes with CDF units.
- February 5th: The western Murwillian harbour town Eungella is overrun by Shiat al-Nur (SAN). The al-Nur movement establishes a provisional government.
- March 16th: Remaining Murwillian forces loyal to the Jamahiriya and Islamic Convergence capitulate in Murwillumbah. SAN forces proclaim the Scientific Republic of Murwillumbah (SRM).
- April: Explosions of several "Jellyfish" detector mines signal a surge of activity of Enemy marine forces. All FM forces are put on full alert. Political instability in the Dershowo lead to new elections on 2013-04-28, resulting in the Patriotic Movement Free Musograd (PMMA) becoming largest party.
- May 1st: In the Dershowo, new coalition government supported by PMMA, SLD and DNS is formed. An Independent, General M. Swoboda, is elected in the new office of President with extended powers in comparison to the old office of Secretary of the Dershowo. PMMA supporters demonstrate on the streets to show their newfound power.
- May 25th: SLD votes to merge with PMMA. About a third of the Kuomnata members of DNS also join PMMA.
- February 1st: Official start of international transmissions of Radio Musograd Klasicnyka - twentysound
- March: International tensions cause internal radicalisation both on the right ("Armia Tcherna") and the left ("People United / Sajusna Narodu" Movement)
- May 8th: Due to the worsening international situation, Musogradij Armije goes on "Full Alert" for several weeks
- June / July: Visit of a FM delegation to Bretagne
- January 1st: Major shift in the economic base of the Federation due to the changing relationship with selected international corporations.
- January 22th: Federal Evacuation Agency relaunch to counter the growing intolerance of minorities in allied and regional nations. Preparation of further measures in the direction of counterpropaganda and intelligence.
- April: Republic of Capricornia founds the "Capricornian Department of Intelligence" (CDI), led by Gen. J.Nesher, as counterpart and cooperation partner of the Musogradian Research and Operational Services (ROS).
- May 10th: Capricornia Post incorporates the "Capricornia Post Extraterritorial Agencies" (CPEA) to provide postal services outside the Republic of Capricornia. The existing agencies covering the Balangrad Capital Territory and the Hellenic Collateral Territory are integrated into CPEA.
- December 1st - 17th: "Protectorate Revolution". After rising popular discontent against the authoritharian PMMA-led National Government is suppressed and political cleansing operations commenced by the security services, Musogradij Armije units stationed in the Goralni and Mohuc areas, led by Gen. Y. Chadid, revolted against the National Government, quickly taking control of large territories within the Dershowo. The Air Force, after declaring neutrality in cooperation with the federal government, tried to enforce an armistice on 2015-12-10. The balance was tipped by Narodni Milicia forces rising within the Capital, surrounding the Government district and the Presidential Palace. As a result, the National Government agreed to a controlled power transfer within the structures of the Dershowo, with Gen. Y. Chadid elected as new President of the Dershowo, taking the additional title of "Lord Protector of the Dershowo". The Kuomnata delegated its power to a "National Council of Reconciliation" until new elections in Summer 2016.
- December 20th: A Refugee Integration Program is started by the NCR Government.